Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My little big girl...

Emma peed on the potty today!!! Whoo-hoo!!!
For weeks now she's been saying, "I pee!" whenever we ask Harry if he has to go, or if he goes himself. So, today, I figured, what the heck, I'll let her try. I sat in there for about 30 minutes with her, and sure enough, she peed! Half an hour later, she asked to go again, and she peed AGAIN! I'm fairly certain this is a fluke and I'm totally positive that she's not physically ready to be trained, but after fighting with Harry for over a year to use the damn potty, I"m completely elated that she's showing interest, not to mention excited herself! Jay and I have decided that when she asks, we'll put her on the potty, but I'm not going to push it yet. I don't want her to get discouraged and I'm not ready to deal with more accidents just yet. I feel like it was just last week that we were having to bribe Harry to use the potty. Oh, wait, it WAS last week! haha....

2 comments:

Juli L. said...

Way to go Emma! I can't wait for Sophia to get potty trained.

MOMSWEB said...

Yippeee! I remember the days and also have pictures to prove it (smile).

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers