Jay got a phone call as he was leaving work yesterday telling him that he could possibly be doing his training course en-route instead of Jay-only. We tried really hard not to freak out since we had JUST bought our plane tickets for MN and NH.
He got in this morning and found out that for sure he is en-route training. Basically, this means that we are all expected to travel WITH him to FL for his training class. This would work except that we still have to ship 1 vehicle from here (which we still don't have the damn title to- damn you Honda!), still have to drive the truck and Nova to MN for storage (where the kids and I were planning to spend some serious amounts of quality time with family), and have to figure out somewhere for our cats to be for that time (my whole family in MN is allergic).
And did I mention that his training starts on May 24th? Yup, that's like 3 weeks away, generously. So, we have to be packed, moved, and out of our house here (and Spokane!) by around the 18th to get to wherever it is that we're going to be by the 24th.
The way I see it, we have 2 viable options:
A. Drive truck to MN. Board cats, Jay flies to FL for training, flies back to MN on June 18th (when training is finished), whole family flies to Baltimore, drops off 1 cat in NH, leaves for Germany June 28th (did I mention they bumped THAT date up a week too??!!)
B. Drive truck to MN. Con Auntie and Grampa into babysitting TweedleDee and TweedleDum for a few days while Jenn and Jay fly the cats to FL (each cat carrier has to be with an adult, 2 can go in 1 carrier). Jenn flies back to MN. Jenn and kids fly to FL in time for Jay to finish training. Family flies from FL to Baltimore, somehow drop off 1 cat in NH, leave on 28th.
There's also option C, but not very realistic, as it doesn't include getting the truck anywhere. However, that's probably what the AF is going to pay for, hence what we're going to have to work around: Fly everyone from WA to FL, Jenn and kids fly to MN and back to FL, everyone leaves from FL.
I'm not real thrilled about any of these options. They're cutting out family time that I had really been counting on (both in NH and MN!), seriously raising my stress level, and I've spent more time on the phone with Southwest and Frontier airlines in the last 3 days than speaking to actual human beings.
Plus the guy who prints actual orders (so we can schedule movers, book TLF's, cancel plane tickets) is on leave yesterday and today. SO, we have to wait until MONDAY to make any concrete plans. I'm stressing out.
Wish us luck this weekend!!