Saturday, September 26, 2009

Apple Picking Time!

So, I know I haven't been blogging much lately, but in my defense its been pretty darn busy around here.
As you can see, Jay had a very successful antelope hunt. He's officially hooked and I couldn't be more proud! :) Having him loving this sport makes it all the more likely that I can get back out there eventually. I miss fall in MN desperately, especially the grouse hunting!

We headed out apple picking last weekend... We just love Greenbluff in the fall!! :)

Harry picking

Emma "helping"- she did a Great job at picking the rotten apples off the ground and throwing them

They each got to eat an apple too- Emma picked one almost as big as her head!

Little sibling love by the pumpkins!

and that would be some strange man we saw at the farm....

Playing in the straw pit


Love this :) They're SO big!!

I spent the last week making apple pies, apple crunches, and apple cakes. Now that we have a wonderful deep freezer, I'm trying to fill it up. Jay did his part by adding some delicious antelope meat, so now I figure we can get some baked goods hoarded up as well. :)

Jay heads out tomorrow for another 2 week stint in Wass Baggies (that's what Harry used to call it!), so I'd like to promise more frequent posting, but we all know that probably won't happen...

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers