Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

It probably makes me a dork, but I really enjoy these. It forces me to come up with updates for the kids that I assume "everybody" knows, but in reality, nobody does because most of the people who read this live 1000's of miles away... like in separate parts of the country and far enough away that they can't hear Emma's temper tantrums... I wonder if any of you would like me for a houseguest?? LOL
Anywho's:

1. Harry got into Morning Preschool! This is HUGE for me/us. He'll go Tues/Thursday for 2.5 hrs in the morning. Had he gotten into the Afternoon class, Emma would have had to make do with a short nap two days a week. Which would've caused everybody in a 10 mile radius to pay with their eardrums for about 24 hours afterwards. NOT an ideal situation. Thank the LORD that this worked out for us.
2. Emma tells everybody that she sees that she's getting a "puppy for her boobday." We've told her over and over (okay, only Jay has broken this to her, since I"m all for the puppy!), but she just says, "No, Daddy, I get puppy. MY boobday. MY puppy." We'll see how it goes when there isn't a puppy waiting for her on her boobday.
3. I'm completely addicted to making these amigurami. I got a pattern for a puppy today, so maybe that will tide a small pigtailed child over for awhile? I also am 80% finished with my purple hippo, so pictures later!
4. Emma's vocabulary has probably tripled. She now uses sentences like "I go there right now with Daddy" and anything involving butterflies or airplanes. Most days she also refuses to leave her clothes on unless she's wearing something with a butterfly on it. I can't count the number of times in the last week she's crawled under her bed, taken off her clothes, and thrown them back out at me, yelling "I wear Budda-FWY!" Or, she just runs out to the backyard and takes them off there skipping the tantrum part, but throwing in the diaper removal as well. Really, these are mostly her only tantrums (besides when we're leaving somewhere fun), so it sounds worse than it is, and I suppose she could pick worse battles to fight.
5. My moms group just started up our book club again and I"m THRILLED. I hope they don't mind that I have enough books picked out to discuss to probably get us through the next year or so... LOL
6. Harry's behaviour is getting better. It's slowly happening, but we've been stressing the "make good decisions" mantra and it works most days. Granted there are the times that he's so far agitated and worked up that it doesn't matter if we dangled cookies in front of him, he's too far gone to change his behaviour. Those are the times at home that Jay and I really struggle with. He screams, throws things at his door, etc and we're forced to deal with him for every single action because we both believe that each action deserves to be dealt with and not ignored just because he's mad. However, it gets to the point that all his privileges until he's 38 have been taken away, he's lost his lovey and his blankets (and his pillows!) off his bed, and had a few spankings. What exactly do we do at that point? Usually, that's when we swap off and one of us tries to play good cop while the other cools off, but we're running out of ideas, plus I don't really believe in good cop when he's acting that way.
Any suggestions??
7. It's hot here. And its now September, I'm all done with the 90's, please!!! I'm dying to let my kids play outside and have to tell them, "don't forget your sweatshirts!!"
8. We need a babysitter. We have numbers for a few people, but the planning ahead portion is really hard for Jay right now with work. However, I'm needing some breaks and some out of the house time, so I think its time to get on that horse and call somebody.
9. We got Ems a bike for her birthday. Its a surprise, but its SO cool I can't wait to give it to her. It's all shiny dark pink with silver fenders- totally retro style, but with pompoms and a honker too! I was planning to wait until next summer or even later to get her a bike, but she's been pedaling around on Harry's and doing REALLY well (must be that second child "I can do anything you can do, better!" syndrome), and we didn't have a clue what to get her for her birthday. So, instead of buying her some toy she won't play with, we got the bike. It's SO cool! (Did I already say that??!!)
10. We still haven't gotten her anything else for her birthday... Any suggestions??? You'd think she'd be easier to buy for, but we're out of ideas. She doesn't really do most of the girly things like dress-up; she likes Harry's toys, but its hard to find them in a girly style so that they're clearly for her and not his (keeps the fighting to a dull roar that way). Besides a puppy of course, we're drawing blanks!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

It's been forever since we saw you guys! I can't believe how much it sounds like Emma has grown! I definitely think that she should get a puppy for her birthday! She only turns two once you know!? :)

On the babysitter front my sister is interested in doing some more babysitting. The only bad part for you guys is that she lives northside, but maybe you could figure something out. She's 16, great with kids, and one of the VERY few people I'll leave Preston with. Let me know if you're interested!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers