I'm not even going to go into detail about everything, just listing a FEW of the nutso things that've happened.
1. Blew a tire on my van. I am a military wife and a Minnesota girl, and I got that one taken care of. :) It did make me late for dinner with Kait and her kids, which made me sad. :(
2. Emma took a bath with her clothes on.
3. Emma jumped off the printer (that is on top of the coffee table.). It was NOT a pretty sight.
4. Harry painted ornaments. Due to the doughy texture, we had to use acrylics. 'Nuff said, I think you can get the picture.
5. I had to bake 6 dozen cookies for a cookie exchange. Ran out of molasses at like the 5 and 1/2 dozen point.... UGH!
6. Spent 3 hours at the mall pushing a double stroller with two grabby naughty monkeys in it and 2 moose while waiting for my van to be fixed only to find out that it only took 20 minutes and they forgot to call me. (The moose were from Build-a-Bear- it was a shameless bribe.)
7. The kids wore their "Christmas shirts" today. Emma's says "Mommy's Favorite Gift" and Harry's says, "Who needs Santa when I've got Grandpa?" I feel that I must tell you what they say because there's no chance of you being able to read them from the pictures I got. They were all taken at various points of the day, but before Emma smeared fish sticks in her pigtails.
And then they do things like this that make me love them lots. Emma got quiet while playing in her room, which is NEVER a good sign, so I snuck in and found her reading. She is a sweet little baby girl when she wants to be, or when nobody's looking. :)
Harry read his bedtime story to me tonight. Granted it was "Things that Go" which we've read at least several million times, not even counting the times he's conned visitors into reading it to him. Again, sorry Angie, Shannon, Katie..... etc.... It was cute, and he did a great job, even though the words "fings that go" were on most of the pages.... ;)