Monday, April 20, 2009

Race for the Cure!!

Jay, Harry, Emma and I all did the 5K Race for the Cure on Sunday for the second year in a row. Its such an incredible experience and so overwhelming. They had expected 5000 racers this year, and we were told when we got there that they had over 7000 people show up! How amazing is that?
These are the Survivor's Balloons being released, such a moving moment.

Emma and Anna all ready to go! :) 

Rhenda and Anna, our racing buddies! (Sandra and Bree were there too, but I didn't get a picture...)

Harry having a snack. He told me after that "racing is hard work." Not exactly sure what kind of work he did in his stroller, but whatever! :)


The Butterfields, 2009

2 comments:

kimert said...

What an awesome thing you and your family to! :) I lost my grandmother last year to breast cancer and I am hoping to run the local Susan G. Komen race here!

Great blog! oh and I'm stopping by after seeing you on Mamrazzi. ;)

MOMSWEB said...

What a great cause and even greater supporting it as a family! We have ours next month!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers