Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Black Forest Trip, Part I

We had planned to go to Salzburg this weekend, but since the entire Autobahn was shut down from Stuttgart to Salzburg, we figured it made more sense to do that trip another time! So, I looked around and found a great deal on a hotel in Hinterzarten, in the Schwarzwald (Black Forest), so we headed there! It was gorgeous and so fun to re-visit the places that I had been in 1999 on my class trip. And so great to really experience things that I passed over at 15. :D

Emma checking out the waterwheel at Hofgut Sternum 
Cuckoo clock shop


Glasbläserei


That night, we used our Hochschwarzwald cards and went to Badeparadies, a brand new indoor water park. It was amazing and not crowded. Even John had fun- they had a small bathtub for him to sit in and splash! :) I WISH I could've had a picture of that!!


Braunlingen- one of the prettiest villages I've ever been to!

I swear, kitties just flock to him! This one showed up while he was pumping gas!

More Braunlingen
Sunday morning, we headed to Rheinfall in Switzerland and met up with Robin and Tina. This was another place that I had been in high school and had always wanted to return to.
Emma SO excited to see Tina!

family pic at Rheinfall, Schweiz



Rheinfall was incredible!

at the base of the island

learning about water cyclones

see the little island? see the tiny slippery staircase? see Jenn have a panic attack?

at the little Wasserfall

my handsome hubby and I

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers